It is important to attend your final walk-through the day before closing in order to view the property and raise any necessary concerns. It is important to note any issue you raise after closing will be your responsibility to address in most cases. We have put together a checklist for you to review prior to having your final walk-thru. I will be sure to go over all these things with you at the time, but it is important for you to understand the extent to which we need to check over the home before closing. The last thing you want is a surprise on your first night in the home.
YOUR FINAL WALK-THROUGH CHECKLIST:
- Test the heating and air conditioning.
- Test all appliances.
- Run the garbage disposal and exhaust fans, including the hood range.
- Turn on and off every light fixture.
- Run water and check for leaks under sinks.
- Check garage door openers.
- Open and close all doors.
- Flush toilets.
- Inspect ceilings, walls, and floors.
- Open and close windows.
- Make sure all debris is removed from the home and garage/shed.
Should any of the above things be malfunctioning or out of place we will take a picture and email the photo and a description to your lawyer along with estimated costs associated.
This process is not in place to make you worried or cause anxiety but simply to protect you when making one of the biggest purchases of your life.